Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tierra de Nadie ~ No Man's Land

Tierra de Nadie was filmed in most part in downtown and the UTB/TSC college at the time.  What I recall is that it was a pilot for a sci-fi series for television kind of like X-Files which would have a different paranormal investigation including UFOs, ghosts, chupacabras.. you get the picture.  I'll probably never find out exactly why it never reached the airwaves or if we maybe missed it but will update later.  Enjoy the photos and video at the end for now!
 Ft. Brown nurse cares for boy sick from yellow fever.  Late 1800's maybe.  The actor is John Elizondo.
 Uh oh.. I think she was maybe his mother.
Twenty-first century news reporter sells editor on idea for paranormal investigation at college which was once a U.S. Army Fort.
 I really don't know how the hell this fits in with the story which I make up as we go along ... I'll ask Dr. Ernesto Elizondo on the right later on.  And WHAT is that poster chart in the background about?
 OK!  This is my favorite part!  The investigative reporter is in the library reading up on the haunted history of the Fort Brown and deaths from Yellow Fever, cholera, and all sorts of gruesome diseases.  Well looky here ...
 ... now she done stirred up a ghost to come creep up on on her.
 Local talent was cast for many parts in the filming of this pilot.

There are several stories told by night employees of the college who have reported seeing a boy "with sunken eyes... all black" that is looking for his mother or silently floats towards people who run away scared.  Another tie-in to the story is of a woman asking where the hospital is at then disappears.  These incidents, all told by different employees, share similarities and occurred in a closed fence area that used to be between the library and student center at the time (70's thru 90's named after Camille Lighter I think...).  If you've ever read or heard of a book called "The Ghosts of Fort Brown" you're familiar with many of the stories.  Click that "link" below and it will open the webpage in a new window.

--> The Ghosts of Fort Brown Webpage <--


I really need to insert more info here especially for the photographer who took these awesome photos... I'm pretty sure it's Gaston Photography.  I took a few photos but we rather see his.



This scene ties in with the actual legend of the bugler who has been seen or heard or both riding down the paseo which runs along the tennis courts today but has always been a road where cavalry soldiers rode their horses.  


I know this actor is famous here and in Mexico but I do not recall her name.  I'll get producer and director and all I can  later... Producer is in 3rd and 4th photos I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment