Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Brownsville Classics Car Club President (Ret.) Roy Aja

Let's take a look back at Roy Aja, former president of the Brownsville Classics Car Club now living in Houston, Texas with a small sample of his work.  
Roy Aja and his "1969 Mustang 302, modified 302, 4 barrrel Holley, Flowmasters, MSD box, very fast and also a show car"
 "Barn find: I found this 1956 Ford in a barn in Banquete, Texas. I'm presently restoring and hope to finish by late summer, presently it is 65% restored."
In an update from 2010 Aja reports the '56 is " 85% restored, need new wheels, electrical hookups and final buff and polish. Took one year to restore.
 "My 68 Stang with a modified 289, this was my show car, won several awards at local car shows. Sold it"

* Photos quote captions from Roy Aja's Facebook page
Brownsville Classics Car Club was exclusively for custom cars and rods with an emphasis on restored classics in original form.  The organization is no longer active in the community.

Roy Aja moved to Houston, Texas a few years and is a cancer survivor.  We met back in 2008 or so when the BCCC helped organize a car show at Washington Park to benefit the nearby Historic Brownsville Museum.  We'll probably never see anything like that again unless the new generation of car aficionados takes the lead and organizes car shows so we don't have to travel to to the upper valley for those rare occasions these are taken out of storage for public viewing.

2008 BCCC at Washington Park  <-- click dat


May 6, 2015
"To my Browntown Buddies, Brownsville Classics Car Club. Tweaking the carburator on the old 68 AMC Rebel. Getting ready for Memorial day debut. Zoom, zoom"

1 comment:

  1. I have a 2002 Camaro I have taken to 2 car shows. I like cars and would like to keep showing mine at your shows. I don't have Facebook so if you can please text me at 956-545-3653 to let me know so I can take my vehicle. I know it's not an antique but there are very few like it in town that are in nice shape like mine. Please contact me when you have a show coming up to prep my Camaro. Thank you. My name is Raul Alatorre

    ReplyDelete