Saturday, July 15, 2017

1970s Faces and Commotions Brownsville, Texas

 7th & E Elizabeth St accident - Mustang and pick-up


 Mormons on a mission
 Bus just passing through
 Caballeros


1970 and now

 1949 scene of bus fatality on E Adams and 11th St
Timo Hernandez III The Conde family owned both; the [Monterrey] bar and the restaurant.. both were very good, but I preferred the restaurant .... great food!! My favorite??? Tacos de asado de puerco en chile colorado!!!!!! One must eat when drinking!!!!   (Did I mention the coldest draft beer in town???)
Henry Pineda [The White Horse] bar was in our family since 1938. First owned and established by my great uncle Nino Garcia. Second owned by his brother my great uncle Benito Garcia (name changed on license to Garcia's Place) it was still known to be White Horse but also El Venados. I took over in 1989 until we closed in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment