Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Opening for Mark Clark's Mejica showing at Brownsville Museum of Fine Art

That's Mark Clark in the center with (my guess from Googling it) Ne Tuchti ka ne Metzi (Rabbit in the Moon).  The young gentleman on left knew quite a bit about the Aztec dieties and he instructed me and lady on right with descriptions of the native American mythology and some MesoAmerican titles which were hard to pronounce but I wrote one down especially for you - the reader - at the very bottom. 


Leann Barreda I'm sorry I only took one photo and too few others and had to use this photo which is still great and great to see you both there!
These are average sized prints but there were smaller ones at price ranges to fit any budget.  Stop by the Museum of Fine Art and have a close up look.  
Joe Lee Rubio
Janet Evans
Just look at how those lit paintings stand out in the background. The colors Mark uses would brighten any area.  I may go back and get titles to these as there was plenty of information but little time to take notes and interview Mark but if you want to see more of that let me know.  


Artist Puente and friends
Macuilxochitl the five-flower god of games, gambling and sexual pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment