Friday, February 19, 2016

2016 0220 Antique Record Player at Mel's Antiques & Collectibles in Olmito, Texas

Sometimes you see something you know you'll probably never see again and this was one of those times when I stumbled into Mel's Antiques and Collectibles in Olmito.   That's him next to a 1920's - 30's era mahogany cased Columbia Grafonola Crank Gramaphone Record Player which still works!  He even gave a free demonstration!  Graphophone was the Columbia name for phonograph.  

I borrowed this of the internet to show crank handle

The louvered cabinet doors open the internal horn machines to adjust volume of sound and the bottom cabinet with opens to slots that hold record albums.. By the way, that 78 rpm record is Tex Williams Smoke Smoke Smoke (That Cigarette) which reminded me of Commander Cody's Hot Rod Lincoln.  

Compare the two if you want to:

vs

As you have probably guessed,   Good thing it didn't fit in my car and I didnt have the money anyway but I sure got a  photo to remember it.  



[sponsored content]

No comments:

Post a Comment