Saturday, October 3, 2015

Heavy Lies the Golden Crown

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."  Henry IV, Part 2, scene 1, line 31
Bronsbil Estacion will address a certain individual who seems to have imagined that our love for Brownsville is a competition or something ridiculous like that so he takes little pokes at Bronsbil Estacion from his Facebook page to criticize several things I have done in the past such as 1) colorize photographs, 2) crop photos, 3) post photos without crediting owner/photographer/source and I cannot remember what else but today this showed up on my Facebook newsfeed:
So what is this douchbag's problem you might ask?  It seems he wants to propagandize or ignite a feud between us.  Maybe, like most immature people, he needs attention.  If that's the case, please by all means congratulate this person for publishing the many vintage photos we all enjoy and learn from.  I have been promoting an appreciation for Brownsville's cultural history on Facebook since 2009 and want for others to share the photos and news I post so we can all learn from each other and pass that history around for generations.  I didn't make the rules but if haters like this want to insinuate there are rules to posting old photos of Brownsville then he needs to kick-back and watch how I do what I do.

If my crass sense of humor or concerns that affect this city of ours offends some people, tough shit.  I see no need to be condescending to our audience either.


I also find it interesting that he has me "blocked" on his page from commenting because he is afraid if I did I would publicly humiliate him for his insolence.  The above photograph was posted on this blog and sister page on Facebook and then it was reposted on his page but I was "blocked" from viewing it using my personal account.  Why would he block me from seeing it?  Perhaps to conceal his hypocrisy?

Please feel free to share the history and photos and public announcements you find on this page.  Our only aim should be to share our love of Brownsville.  Nothing else.  I ask for nothing from the public.  If friends want to share their photos they know how to contact me.

"Heavy lies the crown...sort of thing", quote by Frank Costello (character) played by Jack Nicolson from the movie The Departed directed by Martin Scorsese.




Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost 
Nature’s first green is gold, 
Her hardest hue to hold. 
Her early leaf’s a flower; 
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So Eden sank to grief, 
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment