Friday, February 14, 2020

Digitized Photo Restoration -- F.C. Lopez of Brownsville, Texas

Photo--fix submitted by J.D. Lopez
I recently offered to do a few photo-fixes for friends and acquaintances on the Facebook page .  Here's a look at how a digitized restoration takes shape (and color, in this case) with a brief-bio of the subject as written by his son....
 F.C. Lopez. World War II United States Army Veteran -  5th Army. 34th infantry. The Red Bulls.  He was wounded twice fighting Hitler's Army in North Africa and Italy.

My Dad was Francisco Cardenas Lopez. His dad Andres Lopez my grandpa had a fruit stand at the old market in downtown. Back in the 40s. He had 5 brothers. Felipe, Ramon,Juan,,Roberto, Esteban 2 sisters Maria and Ofelia. He worked at the Brownsville Herald for over 40 years. He was the Pressman. He joined the military after Pearl Harbor. He was attached to the 5th Army, 34th Division. Red Bulls. Fought in North Africa and Italy. Awarded 2 Purple Hearts for wounds in Action and a Bronze Star. And other awards as I sent you the photo of the shadow box. My dad passed away in 1997. My mom Lydia Lopez is 95 and still going strong.
Many thanks to J.D. Lopez for submitting photo and allowing us to share it with you.

2 comments:

  1. Your step-by-step overview made the entire procedure appear less scary. I've always been interested by the concept of reviving old family images, and your suggestions have motivated me to give it a go. The before-and-after Photo Restoration you supplied were breathtaking; it's like seeing a time machine in action! I'll absolutely bookmark your webpage for future reference.

    ReplyDelete